Saturday, June 29, 2013

Card #3 for Maddy

This is the third card I've made for Maddy, the young girl who has Acute Myeloid Leukemia (you can read about it here: Cards for Maddy).   As I mentioned in a previous blog post, my good friend's daughter died of this horrible disease just two short months ago. So that's probably why Maddy has been in my thoughts so much. Anyway, I decided to make some more cards for Maddy and hopefully they will bring some cheer to her as she goes through this painful ordeal.  


For this card, I used a cute digi called Fairy Pat from Crafty Sentiments Designs which I coloured with pencils (Faber Castell).  Other supplies used were:  cardstock (Recollections), DP (Glitter Max), butterfly punches (Martha Stewart and EK Success), sentiment stamp and gems (Dollarama).  I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:
 
Crafting for All Seasons #55 Make it Girly
Crafty Calendar Things with Wings
Crafty Sentiments Girl Power (I used a Crafty Sentiments image)
Fresh Brewed Monthly Challenge Mermaids/Fairies/Fantasy
Hiding in My Craft Room #104 Freestyle
Love to Create Challenge Blog #71 Colour Inspiration
QKR Stampede #45 Anything Goes
Scrappers Delight #2 Die Cuts or Punches (I used 2 butterfly punches)
Send a Smile 4 Kids For the Girls
Sentimental Sundays #160 For the Girls
Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog Anything Goes
Simon Says Stamp Blog - Cards for Maddy
Sister Act Card Challenges #13 Anything Goes
Speedy Fox and Friends #166 Purple
Totally Gorjuss #190 Wings

Thank you for looking at my card. I really appreciate all your comments. Have a wonderful day!

17 comments:

Jackie W said...

Lovely and sweet card! Love this image and pretty butterflies! So glad you're making these gorgeous cards for Maddy! Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Sentiments!
Jackie W :)

Dawny P said...

Gorgeous :) I love the colours you used and the lovely design. Thank you for joining us over at the Simon Says Stamp challenge. Hugs, Dawny x

Dawny P said...

Ooops forgot to say thank you for making a card for Maddy :)xxx

mags said...

A lovely creation. Thanks for sharing with us at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenges and good luck.
Mags
x

Stampsnob. said...

Very cute I love fairies.....Lis

wannabcre8tive said...

Very pretty, I love the purple with the green. Thanks, so much for joining us at Speedy Fox and Friend purple challenge.

Jac’s Playground said...

Wonderful card, love the colour combo and how lovely to see Fairy Pat, thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week. Jac x

Audrey Ernst (hippieaud) said...

Such a sweet little creation and a very worthy cause. 2 children from my kids' elementary school have battled leukemia, thankfully both have survived. So sorry about your friend's daughter, so heartbreaking.

Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at Crafty Sentiments!!

kelly ledder said...

Such a gorgeous card, love the image and those butterflies, thanks for playing along at Scrappers Delights.

Kelly x

Unknown said...

So cute! This is a sweet card for a girl.

Cathy said...

Beautiful card, thank you for joining in the Crafty Sentiments Girl Power challenge, and good luck.
Cathy xx

Adrienne Crist said...

How sweet and thoughtful of you to brighten this girls day! Darling card.
Thanks for sharing with us at Hiding In My Craftroom this week! Blessings, Adrienne DT

Tricia G. said...

Beautiful card!!! Thank you so much for joining us at Sister Act Card Challenge!!

Tricia

Christine L said...

Love your card.... such a cute image and fabulous design... and I love the lilacs and greens together..

Thanks for sharing at Totally Gorjuss this time.

Christine x

lynne said...

Cute card for Maddy! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Calendar this month!
Lynne x

Melanie Rozwood said...

This is cute. I like the layers. Thanks for playing at HIMCR.

stampingbowd said...

Wonderful cause! I am so sorry for your loss! So sad! Love your card, it is very pretty and sure to cheer! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Speedy Fox & Friend blog challenge!