Sunday, June 30, 2013

Squirrel Miss You

I made this card for my BF - from the squirrels at the local park.  They miss him!  He used to walk there a a lot and would take peanuts to feed them.  This is something he really enjoyed.  Then he got busy with school and homework and life in general.  (As a side note, he went back to community college as an adult and got the highest average in his class!)  Well, school's out and he's working now, so I think it's time he started visiting the the squirrels at the park again - and so do they! 


For this card, I requested this cute little squirrel digi from Trimgym's Digistamps, Papers and Images for her monthly challenge, and I'm just getting my card entered under the wire - this is the final day!  I coloured the squirrel with pencils (Stampin' Up!) and then fussy-cut.  The "Miss You" sentiment is a freebie digi from Digital Doodling which I printed and then overstamped with a tag from Studio G.  Then I fussy-cut and doodled a stitched border around it.  The little acorn is part of a stamp from Michaels, coloured with pencils and fussy-cut.  The photo was taken at the local park which I found through a Google search.  Other supplies used were:  cardstock (Recollections and unknown brown from my stash), hemp twine (MultiCraft Imports), ink (Ranger Sea Shells - Sea Grass and Color Box - Mudslide), black marker (Staedtler).  I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:

Brown Sugar Challenge Blog #48 Boy/Man
Little Claire's #34 Male Theme
One Stop Challenge #232 Add a Tag
Paper Makeup Stamps #94 All Tied Up
Polkadoodles #26 Animals
Sassy Studio Designs #183 Tag Sale (add or create a tag)
Sentimental Sundays #161 All Things Digital Plus a Sentiment
Scribbles Designs Challenge Blog #6 Manly, Masculine, Dads
Sister Act Card Challenges #13 Anything Goes
Trimgym's Digistamps, Papers and Images - Male, Birthday, Summer (Male - this card is for a man)

Thank you for looking at my card!  I am grateful for all comments.  Have a wonderful day!

10 comments:

Trimgym said...

Gorgeous card, thank you for joining in. I guess I had better get my skates on as well, still want to enter a challenge which is running out today myself.

Love,

Jo

Eemeli said...

Beautiful creation. Thanks for joining our "3-2-1" challenge this week at Charisma Cardz. Unfortunately you will not be entered into the prize draw because our rules say "No more than 10 challenges linked Inc ours" and I counted 11 entries...

Hugs from Finland,
Eemeli {DT}

KT Fit Kitty said...

Sorry about that - I appreciate you for letting me know.

Lisa T said...

Aw, what a cute little squirrel! Thanks for joining us at SACC!

Liz said...

Lovely card. Thanks for joining us at Polka Doodles.

Jules said...

I love your card and the background image is amazing. Thank you for joining us at OSCC. Good Luck xoxoxo

Sandy S said...

Very nice card! Thanks for joining us at Scribbles Designs Challenge...

Sandy S
SDDT

ladyjanet_56 said...

Lovely project, great colours lovely images too. Thank you for joining in at OSCC, Janet

I agree I think he should go see them again

alethea said...

This is gorgeous!!! Thanks for joining us at Polka Doodles! HUgsxx

Cely said...

aw this is so cute, love the little squirreley! thanks for joining us this month at Scribbles Designs Challenge Blog!