Monday, September 16, 2013

Emboss-Resist Flowers

Hello, everyone.  Today I played around with a technique I haven't used in ages:  emboss resist.


I started with a white card base and layered with an embossed white panel.  I embossed flowers in clear and sprayed with purple and green Smooch Spritz, die cut into a circle, and layered onto a white lacey circle.  I embellished with clear dew drops, white ribbon, and a white butterfly.  Here are the supplies used:
  • Stamp:  Flowers (The Artful Stamper)
  • Ink:  Versamark Watermark, Smooch Spritz (Frosted Grape, Emerald Sprinkle)
  • Embossing powder:  The Artful Stamper
  • Cardstock:  Domtar
  • Embossing folder:  Cuttlebug Textile
  • Dies:  Nellie's Multiframes Circles, Spellbinders Lacey Circles
  • Butterfly punch:  EK Success
  • Accents:  Dew drops (Dollarama), ribbon (bought at thrift shop, unmarked)

I would like to enter the following challenges:
  1. Allways Something Creative Anything but Colourful 1E
  2. Crafty Ribbons #61 Pure Whiteness
  3. Created with Love Challenges #58 Anything Goes 3E #1 C10
  4. Fashionable Stamping Can You Resist 3E #1
  5. DL.ART September Linky Anything Goes UE
  6. MFP Speedy TV Decorate Your Corners (I added dew drops to two corners) 5E #1
  7. Paper Crafting Journey Flowers 3E #3
  8. Scrapbook Stamp Society Anything Goes with Ribbon and Flowers UE
  9. Scribble and Scrap #1 Always Anything Goes 3E #1 C15
  10. Vintage Stamping Challenge #12 Anything from Your Garden 3E #2
Thank you for looking at my card - I enjoy reading your comments.  Have a wonderful day!
 

15 comments:

Alyx said...

This is just so pretty. Great embossing (both sorts) and love the colours on the topper. Those little dewdrops are perfect to finish it off. Great card.

Thank you for joining us over at the Scribble & Scrap Challenge. Good luck. xx

Chris Hanselman said...

Love the monochromatic look to the card. Love the embossing. Thanks for joining our Anything Goes Challenge at Created With Love Challenges.

~~Chris

KarinsArtScrap said...

it's a gorgeous card.

Thanks for join us at ScrapbookStampSociety Challenge.

Greetings Karin DT Coördinator

Lady Bug Stampers said...

Oh Fit Kitty this is stunning, I have never done this technique so I will be trying it soon. thanks for the inspiration!!
Thanks for joining us at Created with Love Challenges.
Linda K. DT

K8 said...

Adorable card, love the embossing resist flowers! So beautiful!! Thank you for join us at Created With Love Challenge this week, hugs Kate (DT)

Janine said...

Pretty card. Sometimes I struggle to make dew drops stick!

Donna said...

Gorgeous card!

Ink Art Designs said...

Such an elegant vintage feel to this one...looove the embossing resist flowers.
Thankyou for joining us at Vintage Stamping Challenges.
Dot x

Laurart said...

Beautiful effect! I love how delicate the resist looks! Thanks so much for joining us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges - Love from Laura xxx

Kaija said...

This is so noble and elegant!Thank for joining us at ScrapbookStampSociety Challenge.Greetings Kaija DT-member

Unknown said...

Very elegant card! Love the embossing. Thanks for joining us at Created With Love Challenges.

Hugs,
Maria

Fliss said...

This is really beautiful. Love the effect of the white flowers against the stronger inky background and the textured surround is gorgeous.
Thanks so much for joining in with my FSC resist challenge and wishing you good luck.
Fliss x

KandA said...

This is so gorgous, Love the design and embossing. Thanks so much for joining us at the PCJ challenge xx

ike said...

Stunning card - sooo pretty :-)

Sorry about my Challenge Blog.... I hit the wrong button :-( It is all OK now if you'd like to visit again :-D

Thanks for alerting me :-D

Hugz
IKE xxxxx

http://ikesworldchallenge.blogspot.com

www.ikesart.com
http://suzy-ikesworld.blogspot.com

Decosse's Dynamite Doodles said...

I have to admit that while I like the other two you chose to enter into my WCDM celebration, this is my favourite of the three. Fit Kitty this card is just so stunning! That embellished background is gorgeous and the contrast of colours used for your centrepiece is wonderful. I love the technique you used even if I don't exactly understand it. I also love this card because of the balance that you achieved with your layout. I've discovered that I am really drawn to balance within card designs and yours is just splendid.

Thanks so much for taking the time to link up three of your favourites from the past year. I've really enjoyed checking them out. Good luck in the draw!

Hugs,
Lisa