Friday, June 27, 2014

Cosmic Colours

Hi, everyone!  I almost forgot about Cosmic Strawberry's Cosmic Colours Challenge this month - so glad Colette posted a reminder!  I have been wanting to use my stash of washi tape ever since I saw my friend Patti's cards here, so here's the card I came up with based on the colour swatch shown below.


I used my Marianne Craftables butterfly die and a mix of washi tape from Downtown Tape and Forever in Time.  The sentiment clear stamp and gems are from Studio G.  Cardstock is Staples. Here's the colour swatch:

Cosmic Colours Challenge #2

I would like to support the following challenges:
A Girl Who Crafts Anything Goes 5E #4
Aud Sentiments Two-Word Sentiment 5E #3
Cosmic Colours Challenge See colour swatch above
Craft Your Passion Bold and Beautiful (bright colours) 3E #3

Crafty Catz Anything Goes 3E #1
Crafty Girls Anything Goes 3E #2

Creative Fingers Anything Goes 3E #1
DL.ART June Linky Anything Goes UE 1E/day
DRS Designs It's New (the butterfly die is new) UE

Fan-Tastic Tuesday Anything Goes 4E #2
Fussy and Fancy Summertime UE

Incy Wincy Things with Wings 5E #2
Lauralcraft Dragonfly Dreams Anything with Wings UE
WINNER Moving Along with the Times Birthdays, Buntings, and Buttons 3E #2

My Craft Creations Anything Goes UE
Seize the Birthday Anything Goes 3E #2
Simon Says Stamp Monday I ought to use that more (washi tape - I have quite a stash and I keep forgetting to use it) 5E #5
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Anything Goes 5E #3
Sister Act (Cards Only) Anything Goes UE
Suzy Bee's Bloomin' Anything Goes UE
Word Art Wednesday Anything Goes w Uplifting Sentiment 5E #3

And since everyone misses out when there is no kitty on my card, here is a lovely photo of my big boy, Honeydew, taken yesterday.  



Thank you for looking at my card!  I enjoy reading your comments.  Wishing you a joyful day!

w

33 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

Another lovely card, love the butterfly and colour combo. cheers, aNNIe The Journey is the Start

stampingbowd said...

Such a pretty card! I love the washi! OH MY Honeydew is soooooooo gorgeous!

Golden Goddess Designs said...

beautiful! I wanted to try this challenge myself. Not sure if I will have time!

Patti said...

Awww Kitty! you are so super sweet to give me a shout out! I appreciate it! I saw your card and said to myself: "yeah!! she used her Washi Tape" then I read what you wrote. You are too sweet and so is your card!! You did a brilliant job!

Your Honeydew is beautiful!!!

Have a wonderful weekend, friend.

Patti

Unknown said...

i really love this card thanks for playing along at agirlwhocrafts

marion said...

Owww what a lovely boy he is , your Honeydew, you just melt looking at his face, love this pic. Your card is gorgeous. Sending you lots of hugs and love, cuddles to both Kiwi and Honeydew, Marion

Jo said...

Love this card, the washi tape looks fab! Honeydew is gorgeous!
hugs Jo x

Laurian said...

Lovely card!
Thanks for joining us at Dragonfly Dreams and I hope you come back again soon!

Hugz

Laurian
Owner Dragonfly Dreams

jimlynn said...

Love the markings on Honeydew! He's a beauty........
And so is your card. Great use of the washi along with the gorgeous butterfly.
Lynn

Helena (Gvendalen) said...

Gorgeous card! Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion Challenges. hugs, Helena

Bad Kitty said...

very nice card
awwww is so cute your cat!

Shelia said...

very pretty card. I really like the butterfly with the tape background! Thanks for joining us at DRS Designs!

Carol L said...

Great use of that colorful washi, and I was just about to mention the missing kitty on your card when I scrolled down :) Cute Honeydew :)

Suze said...

When I saw your entry in our wings challenge at Incy Wincy Designs, I was intrigued as to how you were going to incorporate a kitty image with the wings. Like Carol, I was going to mention about the missing kitty when I scrolled down and just burst out in fits of laughter! Had a giggle about the comments - almost more about the cats! Anyway, before I forget to comment on the card itself - I love the die that you have used. I think it is one that I have too but never really used it as a focal point as you have. Love the deep colour you have chosen for the butterfly too. Thanks for joining the wings challenge at Incy Wincy Designs this week.

Lin said...

Love your mix of washis along with that butterfly, Kitty! Thanks again for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

Anonymous said...

Such a lovely card.The butterfly makes a pretty focal point and love the mix of washi tapes.Awww,your boy is handsome.Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion.Hope to see you again next week.
Lisa x

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Gorgeous creation & a great use for washi!

Thank you for sharing with us at Moving Along With The Times this week, good luck!
Hugs Shell xx

Janice said...

Great card...and a delightful cat! Jx

Janette said...

Really lovely card, that butterfly is so pretty...
Thanks for sharing it with us at CraftyCatz this week.x

Crafty Judith said...

Hey hun fabulous card love it great use of the washi not something i have gotten around to using yet hugs Judith and ty for visiting my blog xxx

aussie aNNie said...

Honeydew is gorgeous, just came back to thank you for always leaving a comment...you are treasured.xxx

Crafty Judith said...

Hi hun and even better for a 2nd viewing really delicious card hun great job and thank you for sharing with us at Fan-Tastic Tuesday hugs Judith x

Lisa said...

This is gorgeous!! I am jealous of your washi tapes!! The butterfly looks amazing!! Fabulous card!! Honeydew is precious!!

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Donna said...

Great idea for using washi tape! Honeydew is adorable, what cute eyes!

Suzanne C said...

Beautiful card. Love the washi tape and of course the butterfly! Handsome cat! Thanks for playing along with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge "I Ought to Use More of this".

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card my friend, love the colours and the Butterfly is just brilliant, and Honeydew, he looks yummy too, hugs xxx

Colette said...

Beautiful card Kitty. So glad you got your entry in. Thanks for playing along with Cosmic Colours, I know it's only the second challenge, but I really appreciate your support. Oooh! Look at that lovely chuchy face on Honeydew! xx Colette

Nancy said...

Your cat is as cute as your card! Love your Washi tape and pretty butterfly! Thanks for linking it up with us over at Seize the Birthday!

JoAnn said...

Cute card. Love the butterfly and washi tape strips. Thanks for sharing at Seize the Birthday.

Unknown said...

Hi! What a cute card. It makes me want to use my washi tape more! Thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Catz! Ingrid, the GDT xx

Sandy said...

Gorgeous CAS card, love the washi tape and that fab butterfly.
Sorry I'm late popping in. Thanks for sharing with us at Aud Sentiments this fortnight.
Hugs,
Sandy

Alana taylor said...

Lovely card thank you for joining the crafty girls challenge. Good luck ,Alana DT member

caroline said...

lovely card thank you for joining us at crafty girls challenges, good luck
caroline dt