Thursday, November 27, 2014

Peaceful Nighttime Scene (Impression Obsession products)

Hello, everyone!  I hope my U.S. friends are enjoying their Thanksgiving festivities today!  I was back in my craftroom this morning and made another holiday card.  I enjoy playing in the challenges over at IO Blog and this time their theme is Christmas greetings.  I keep trying to win over there so maybe this will be my time! If not, you know I'll just keep trying LOL!  So today I used all Impression Obsession products.


I decided to make a nighttime winter scene with silver and gold.  It looks fabulous in person but so difficult to get a good photo!  The trees are IO's Birch Trees DIE079-U and the buck is from IO's Deer Trio DIE080-N set.  The snowbanks were hand-drawn and hand-cut and I sponged on Black Soot Distress Ink.  For the sentiment I heat-embossed Season's Greetings A5488 in Egyptian Gold. I think a vertical sentiment adds some interest. The metallic cardstock was in my stash and I believe it came from Dollarama.  I wish they'd get it back again - it's actually quite nice.   



Today I am entering these fun challenges:

  1. IO Blog Christmas Greetings UE C5
  2. Party Time Tuesday AG 2/3
  3. ShowCASe Your Style  Gold Black Silver White UE
  4. Simon Says Stamp Wednesday AG 2/5
  5. Sister Act (Cards Only) AG UE

Thank you for looking at my card!  Wishing you a joyful day!


P.S. I'm celebrating 200 followers with candy!  Help me celebrate! My candy is here. So far only 16 crafty friends have entered - I will draw the winner on December 1 - so keep your fingers crossed!

28 comments:

cotnob said...

This is gorgeous, a wonderful night time scene.
Pauline
x

brenda said...

Elegant and stylish Kitty.

B x

Jacee said...

What a lovely design, very stylish and professional!
Hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

jimlynn said...

Sensational card once again! I love the gold and silver together. A wonderful and peaceful scene.
Lynn

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

This card transmits me a good feelings, it seems to hear the silence of the wood! Love it!

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

.... "feeling", no "feelings" !
..... My english is very bad :-(

Bad Kitty said...

wonderful night scene

Lucy Patrick said...

Oh, I just love this card Kitty!!! Love those trees and the whole scene, what a clever idea to cut them in a gorgeous silver paper, it looks spectacular!! I love these type of cards, I really must indulge myself and get some of the tree dies one day. XOX Lucy

terrie said...

I love this card....the silver tree add so much to your card....
What a beautiful night time scene....
Outstanding card Kitty...

Kristie Goulet said...

Very pretty! I understand how frustrating it is to photograph silver and gold foil papers. You captured it nicely here.

Tracy said...

The metallics were a great choice. I haven't used my deer dies yet but am thinking about making a mass produced card with them and the birch trees. They're so wonderful together. You've created a wonderful scene. :-)

DIANA L. said...

This is so sweet and very elegant- can't wait to see more
Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday #145 “ANYTHING WINTER HOLIDAY” challenge, Have a Blessed day, DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com



Capucine said...

So cute! I love your card!

New Creations said...

Amazing! Love the combo of gold and silver against black. The snow banks are really beautiful. I love hand drawn cuts, you know:)Lol.
Happy Thanksgiving Day to You !

marion said...

So cute and love that you tried to use no stamps, it is such a lovely scene, sending you lots of hugs, you are on my mind, cuddles to Kiwi, Honeydew and Snowy, Marion

aussie aNNie said...

Very nice result Kitty, I love it....good luck in my candy.xx

Donna said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Love it!

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Very pretty! Thanks for joining us at ShowCASe Your Style.

Ellibelle said...

What a beautiful card design, love your stamping!

patscrap said...

Beautiful scene !

Lisa said...

What a gorgeous scene you've created, Kitty!! The metallic paper looks amazing!! I love the layered snow!! So elegant and beautiful!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is so gorgeous Kitty, really awesome.
Hugs
Cathy
Xxxx

scrappymo! said...

This is lovely in the metallics. I have those dies and have never used them that I can remember!

Monika Reeck said...

STUNNING
love all the bling and sparkle on that paper you have used for the main Image and the tree
this is stunning card from you and wish you luck with the challenge
i wish I have die cut machine..this is really a great Die cut paper you choose my friend
hugs, Monika

Dana Joy said...

Fantastic project. Thanks for playing with us at Party Time Tuesdays!

Unknown said...

Oh WOW, Kitty, this is utterly gorgeous, love the gold and silver together, so rich looking, hugs hun xxx

Patti said...

Wow! My jaw actually ropped!! I LOVE this exquisite card!! Did I say wow? WOW!!

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card Kitty, so elegant and pretty.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
hugs
Mandy xx