Friday, January 9, 2015

Heartfelt Thanks

Hello, everyone!  Before I share my card, I would like to welcome my newest follower - kskallen - so nice to have you here! You are my 250th follower - Yay!  I was excited to see that number!

Today I was inspired by a few challenges - sometimes I just can't resist!  I love playing along over at Colette's Cosmic Colours Challenge and this month's colours are so pretty (see below).  At least three colours in the swatch must be used, and I used three for my butterfly thank-you card.


There's a flash thank-you challenge over at Newton's Nook so I used my Simply Sentimental clear stamps for the sentiment.  Mrs. A's Butterfly Challenge theme is Thank You with Butterflies so I used four Memory Box Butterfly dies:  Lunette Butterfly, Oriel Butterfly, Rhone Butterfly Wings, and Effera Butterfly Wings.  I've had these for quite a while and this is the first time I've used them, so I'm linking up over at djkardkreations in Darnell's NBUS Challenge #3.  Actually my Darice Butterflies in Corner embossing folder has never been used either, so another NBUS item!  

My die cuts were made from left-over snippets - actually even the kraft and brown cardstock were in my snippets bin - so I'm linking up over at Pixie's Snippet Playground.  Except for the white card base, the whole card is made from left-over snippets!  Did you notice my ink splats?  I still don't have the hang of it but I like to try it every once in a while!  To finish off the card, I added some brown sequins to the butterflies.

Here are the 5 challenges I'm supporting:
  1. Butterfly Challenge Thank You with Butterflies 1/3
  2. Cosmic Colours Challenge #9 UE
  3. djkardkreations Darnell's NBUS Challenge #3 AG C5 2/3
  4. Newton's Nook Flash Challenge - Thank You Theme 1E
  5. Pixie's Snippet Playground Snippets described above 2/3

Comfort Tones - Design Seeds
Cosmic Colours #9
Inky Paws - FLASH CHALLENGE - Thank you Theme! Newton's Nook Designs
Grab My Button.Pixies Crafty Workshop













Thank you for looking at my card!  Wishing you a joyful day!




24 comments:

Donna Hanley said...

This is a real pretty card. Love the colors. Have a good weekend.

Unknown said...

So sooo pretty. Beautiful butterfly xx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Wow Kitty, you have fully reached all the challenges objectives! I don't be able to work in this way, I must learn! Your card is stunning! Your use of the left-over snippets is brilliant. The four butterflies look great with the patterned paper under them, they have a beautiful 3D effect! Love the splatter on the embossed background and the brown sequins above the butterflies!

Bad Kitty said...

love your card
very pretty

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

Love the shabby chic look to this card Kitty! Hazel x

Lisa said...

This is so gorgeous, Kitty!! The butterflies are beautiful!! I love the embossing!! The details of this are just perfect!! Elegant and fabulous card my friend!! Have a great evening :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

jimlynn said...

Gorgeous!!! I love the pretty butterflies and that background embossing! Your card is so elegant looking. That's a great size for the sentiment and I'll have to check out that set! I just got an order from Newton's today - but of course there's always more I "need"!
Love your card.
Lynn

Pawsitively Creative said...

Love the colors in this piece. So earthy and warm. Makes me want to sit back and enjoy a caramel macchiato. 😋

Mrs A. said...

Colours are superb together and I love your ink splatters! Gorgeous butterfly too. Thankyou for fluttering by #21. hugs Mrs A.

Georgiana said...

So pretty! Love the embossing on the background which makes the butterfly pop off the page.

Di said...

Wow Kitty - a stunning card! I love the colours as well as the design!

Hugs

Di xx

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is gorgeous Kitty, your ink splats look good to me. Lol!!
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

cotnob said...

This is a beautiful card Kitty, such gorgeous butterflies and brilliant design.
Pauline
x

Desire Fourie said...

This is just so beautiful. Loving the butterfly and embossing.
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

Becca Cruger said...

My jaw just dropped to the floor, Kitty. This. Is. BEAUTIFUL! I can't even begin to tell you how much I want this card in my hands so I can drool all over it. The splatters, the raised die... it's absolutely stunning. This is DEFINITELY going on my Pinterest board for future inspiration.

Jacee said...

What a gorgeous card, love every inch of it, fabulous work!!
Hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

Taunya Butler said...

Super pretty - love those butterflies, the colors are awesome and the textured background looks great with it all!! Well done!!

Unknown said...

Very pretty card! The butterfly's and the texture is just lovely:)

Monika Reeck said...

Woooowww Kitty this is totally super duper adorable I loooveee all
I love that butterfly the background with embossing the sentiment
and how clever you used that color combo..loveee this Kitty..
what a WOW card...
hugs, Monika

Donna said...

Fabulous card, I like the colors could be for male or female.

Colette said...

Wow Kitty. Your cards are always so beautiful. Thank you for playing along with Cosmic Colours this month. :o)

Jennifer Jackson said...

Beautiful Card, Kitty! I love the distressed feel with the paint splatters! Thanks so much for playing along with our flash Challenge at Newton's Nook Designs!

Darnell said...

I have to say, Kitty, I think it's the ink splats that make this card over-the-top mesmerizing and compliments the other elements in your card splendidly!! Great use of snippets, too!! Thank you so much for joining in my NBUS Challenge #3 again!! Hugs, Darnell

marion said...

ahhh this is so sweet, lots of hugs, Marion