Sunday, April 19, 2015

Glitter n Sparkle DT - Anything but a Card

Hello, everyone!  It's Sunday, so that means we have a new challenge for you over at Glitter n Sparkle Challenge Blog! This week our challenge is Anything But a Card.  Well since I usually only make cards, this was a challenge for me!  I decided to make a shaker tag - first time I've made one of these!  I chose this adorable image called Kitty w Ornament from one of our generous sponsors, Limited Runs. I coloured it with Prismacolor pencils and fussy-cut.


I die cut two patterned papers from BoBunny's Rejoice Collection (leftover snippets) with MFT Die-Namics Stitched Traditional Tags.  I used Simon Says Stamps Stitched Rectangles to make the shaker frame.  Inside the shaker I added red and green sequins and tiny silver and gold star sequins. On the front I affixed the kitty image along with three red felt stars - I received these in a RAK from my lovely friend Monika - thank you, Monika!  I added a die-cut circle to the top of the tag (Nellie's Multiframe Circles) so I could tie some red ribbon and white eyelash ribbon.

My shaker tag was inspired by Scrap it with a Song's April challenge, where Taylor Swift's Shake it Off is the pop song.  I was inspired by the title!

Please come over and join us at Glitter n Sparkle for our Anything but a Card challenge. We have some fabulous prizes up for grabs again this week!

I would like to support these fun challenges: Christmas Cards All Year 'Round Ornaments UE; CRAFT Christmas 1/5; Craft Your Passion AG 3/3; Craftin Desert Diva's Shakers UE; Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Something Beginning with F (fussy-cut image, festive) UE; Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge Extra April UE; Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper April UE; Creative Corner For a Child 2/3; Creative Fingers AG 1/3; Creative Inspirations Seeing Stars UE; Cuttin' and Stampin' Cute Critters 3/3; DL.ART April Linky AG UE 1/day; Get Creative Must Include a Tag 1/3; Hiding in My Craft Room Freestyle 1/3; Inspiration Destination AG UE; Inspiration Journal Everything Goes UE; Little Scrap Pieces Show it Off Saturday 1E; Limited Runs Customer Gallery UE; My Craft Creations April AG UE; Natalie and Amy Frame It 3/3; Not Just Cards AG UE; {PIN}spirational AG 4/5; Pixie's Snippet Playground (snippets of patterned paper) 1/3; Scrap and Craft Use Ribbon or Twine 1/3; Scrap it with a Song (Shake it Off - shaker card inspired by the title) 1/3; Sweet Stampin' Anything but a Card 1/2; Suzy Bee's Bloomin' AG using Die or Punch UE; The Crafter's Cafe Animal Antics 3/3; The Glory of Christmas Use a Digi Stamp (TOP 3)The Ribbon Girl Use Colour from your National Flag (Canada - red and white) UE; The 12 Months of Christmas Link-up AG Christmas Optional Colours 1/3; Tuesday Throwdown All Clear (acetate for shaker window) 1/3; Whimsy Stamps Colour an Image 3/3; Winter Wonderland Stitching Real or Faux (stitched tag and aperture) 1/3
Thank you for looking at my card!  Wishing you a joyful day!



63 comments:

Crafty Judith said...

Gorgeous tag Kitty hun xxx

marion said...

ahhh so sweet as always, I love this cute little tag and the kitty, lots of hugs to you and cuddles to your three furbabys, Marion

Tenia Nelson said...

Very cool!!

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Wow Kitty, this Christmas shaker tag is cool and fun, beautiful work!! Love the little kitten that plays with the ornamental ball and the colour combo! You had a great idea!
Have a beautiful day!

Ruth said...

I love this shaker tag - so festive and fun!

Di said...

Oh how cute Kitty - very clever too.

Hugs

Di xx

Lizzys Kartenblog said...

Hey, You can enter more than 10 Challenges. I do not Understand the Problem. xx lizzy the Flors of Christmas Challenge

Jo said...

A shaker tag......that's so cool - I know a few little people who would love a shaker tag, sweet kitty too
hugs Jo x

Donna said...

What a fun cheery shaker tag, this will be awesome on someone's Christmas package!

Peggie Sue @ Maxx and Boo said...

What a wonderful tag - love the holiday cheer!!

Unknown said...

So beautifully christmassy, I can see this on going beautifully on patterned parcel paper xx

Dr Sonia S V said...

WOW love the sheer cheerfulness your project exudes...love all the sparkle
Cheers
Dr Sonia
Cards Crafts Kids Projects

Brenda said...

Very fun Christmas shaker tag. Who wouldn't love to have this on a gift? Lovely understated scene. I love your soft colors. Thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge! Brenda

ReplyDelete

DIANA L. said...

This is so cute I love your kitty
Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes APRIL Linky Party. Have a blessed day
DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com

AO Creations said...

Super cute christmas tag!!! Thank you for joining us at Craft Your Passion, good luck!!! Amy DT

Jenny L said...

Hi Kitty,
oh what a very great tag.
Love the fab shaker part, such a great idea.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Carol S. said...

Sweet tag and great idea with the shaker on it. Thanks for joining us at Winter Wonderland. Carol S. DT

Liz said...

What a great idea to make a shaker tag! I love it! xx

AJ Bodine said...

A shaker tag, I never thought of that. This is so cute, I love it!

Bad Kitty said...

gorgeous

cotnob said...

A fabulous tag Kitty, such a cute image and brilliant shaker design.
Pauline
x

jimlynn said...

Fabulous idea to make a shaker card - and so pretty and cute!!! You've inspired me to get busy and make some more shaker cards now.
Lynn

Katy said...

How cute!!! Thanks for playing along with the Craftin Desert Divas Shaker Linky Party!

Granmargaret said...

Lovely cute tag. Thank you for joining the challenge at Creative Fingers and at The Glory of Christmas. Hope to see you again next time.

Becca Cruger said...

Wowzas! You have been one busy bee (or kitty, I guess) in the week that I've been gone. This is such an adorable little shaker and good for you for getting ahead of the Christmas game! I drooled SOooooo much over that gorgeous butterfly card you made a few posts back! It's stunning!

Laura said...

This is fab!

Giorgia Rossini said...

Thank you for your entry, this is such a cute tag :)
I am really happy you love to play with us at SIWAS each month!
Thanks for your support.

Monika Reeck said...

Kitty...this is so adorable..love that you used the star from me ...great shaker tag idea...Love the color n the concept...
Kitty your card with music note n butterfly is top picks at Amuse studio yaaay happy for you...I still type from my mobile phone pardon me when many failure comes...biig hugs...
Monika

KraftyKoolKat said...

Such a cute tag Kitty and a great start to those Christmas tags.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Princess Judy Palmer said...

This is a such a neat tag-shaker tag, how fun!. That kitty image is too sweet. Love the fibers you used on top.

Charlene said...

Great shaker tag Carol...I just love that adorable little kitty. Thanks for the wonderful comment you left on my blog. Your name has now been entered into the draw for the GDT spot on DS4J. Thanks for popping by today and good luck! ~ Charlene

scrappymo! said...

Very cute and festive. What a great shaker tag!

Re my new rules...yes, the challenges entered section of your post is fine. Tha is what I meant. I have edited my post to clarify that!

scrappymo! said...

Very cute and festive. What a great shaker tag!

Re my new rules...yes, the challenges entered section of your post is fine. Tha is what I meant. I have edited my post to clarify that!

Unknown said...

Love the tag! Very festive! Thanks for joining us at Creative Corner Challenges!
Sara (DT)

McCrafty's Cards said...

Gorgeous tag, I like the sweet image and the lovely colours Thank you for playing along with us at Scrap & Craft, Good Luck
Kevin xx

Nikki said...

Awe Kitty this is just adorable :) hugs Nikki Limited Runs

Granmargaret said...

Thank you for your comments on my blog for Digi Stamps 4 Joy. Don't forget to leave a comment on the facebook page if you download the freebie.

KandA said...

Gorgous shaker tag and super colours xx

mags said...

A lovely creation. Thanks for sharing with us at Winter Wonderland.
Mags
x

chanya13 said...

Fabulous creation with lovely colors and design. Thanks for sharing with us at Creative Inspiration. Agnieszka DT

sweet art designs said...

Adorable. Thank you for sharing with us at the Glory of Christmas. - Myrna DT

Hazel said...

Thanks for another lovely entry for my Patterned Paper April challenge and also for sharing for our Glory of Christmas challenge (Hazel, DT). x

Hazel said...

Thanks also for entering my CHNC challenge extra for April and also CHNC challenge 225. x

Taunya Butler said...

Cute, cute, cute and VERY fun Christmas tag - that kitty playing with the ornament image is adorable and I swear, your coloring is amazing!! Way to go - I am crushing all over this!!!

Helen said...

What a great idea - would never have thought of a shaker tag but it looks really good.

Thanks for joining us at the CRAFT Challenge.

Helen x

Lisa said...

This is just the cutest shaker tag my friend!! I love the sweet kitty!! How creative to put a shaker on a tag!! I love this!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

mum of two said...

How fabulous! I just love your kitty! Thanks so much for playing with us this week at Craftin Desert Divas Shaker Card Linky Party. Hope to see you again soon :)

michelle (Craftin Desert Divas DT)
Purple Monkey Moments

Crafty Judith said...

Gorgeous and super kitty hun love it hugs Judith xxx

Life in Colors said...

What a cute tag, love the shake box, great take on the challenge. Thanks for playing with us at SIWAS !

Lady E said...

Beautiful tag and sweet image :)
Thank you for sharing with us at Scrap & Craft and Good Luck!
Lady E Scrap & Craft DT
www.scrapartbyladye.blogspot.co.uk

Unknown said...

So cute,
Andrea
SIWAS

Kathy Salido said...

OMG, is this little tag ever so cute!! Love the kitty :) Thanks for linking up at Craftin Desert Divas!!

Kathy
Craftin Desert Divas Design Team
http://3spoileddogs.blogspot.com/

mixamatoasties said...

Super tag.

Thanks for sharing at Sweet Stampin' this week.

Susan

Judy McKay said...

Lovely tag. So cute. Thank you for joining us at Not Just Cards this week. Judy DT

Deanne Saunders said...

Sweet tag!!! Thanks so much for participating in our PINSPIRATIONAL challenge!! Hope to see you again for our next challenge!!
~DEANNE~
A Little Bit O' Paper

Tynke said...

Nice tag you made!! Thank you for playing with us at SIWAS!

kicka said...

Great Tag! Thanks for playing along at Siwas!

Monia said...

lovely card!!! Thank you for playing with us at SIWAS!

ufoide@gmail.com said...

very nice thanks for sharing on siwas ( i love tags)

joyscraft said...

cute card !!!! love the kitty!!! thank you for playing with us at SIWAS!!!

Edwina said...

FitKitty, This tag is just to cute! I love that kitty on it. I love that it is a shaker tag. This is terrific. ♥ Edwina Brown
DT for The 12 Months of Christmas Link Up!
Edwina's Creations – My personal Blog!

Unknown said...

Cute shaker tag! Thanks for entering 12 Months of Christmas Linkup.

Kim
12 Months of Christmas Linkup - DT
Design Team Showcase
{Craftisan Studios}

Indy's Designs said...

What a darling (and naughty?) kitty! Great holiday card! So glad you were inspired to join Cuttin' and Stampin's Critters challenge!
Hugs, Debbie
Design Team