Sunday, April 26, 2015

Glitter n Sparkle DT - Easel Cards

Hello, everyone!  It's Sunday, so that means we have a new challenge for you over at Glitter n Sparkle Challenge Blog! This week our challenge is Easel Cards.  I don't tend to make many easel cards but each time I do, I wonder why I don't make them more often - they are not difficult at all.  I hope you will join our challenge!

For my easel card, I chose the adorable Snowflake Butterfly from Digi Blessings at Stitchy Bear Digi Outlet. This digi comes with the image and sentiment that I used on the inside of my easel.  I coloured the cute image with Prismacolor pencils, die-cut into a circle, and added clear glitter and tiny gems to the snowflakes.


This is a Christmas card but I decided to go with non-traditional colours.  I was inspired by the colour challenge over at The 12 Months of Christmas Link-up (see below). I created a little scene to celebrate the excitement and joy of the first snowfall of the season. The DP is from Bobunny's Snow Day, and the treed landscape was made by die-cutting Lawn Fawn's Forest Border twice and staggering them. The sentiment on the front of the easel is from Daily Happy Quote and I hand-cut each into a fishtail banner shape.  


I added some other fun die cuts:  Memory Box Precious Mittens, Impression Obsession Snowflakes Small (snowflakes on mittens), and Impression Obsession Christmas Icons (snowman and ornament). You will notice I used inlaid die-cutting for the ornament. To finish off the front, I added two strips of gems and some individual gems.

Here's a close-up of the sentiment that comes with this digi.  The die cut along the bottom is Joy Craft's Ice Crystal Edge, and I added two tiny gems.


Here is the colour inspiration I mentioned earlier, and I believe I managed to use all but the yellow:
The 12 Months of Christmas Link-up

Please come over and join us at Glitter n Sparkle for our Easel Cards challenge. We have some fabulous prizes up for grabs again this week!

I would like to support the following fun challenges:
  1. Christmas Cards All Year 'Round Ornaments UE
  2. Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge Extra April UE
  3. Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper April UE
  4. Digi Designs Fun/Fancy Folds 1/3
  5. Holly Jolly Christmas Trees
  6. Papertake Weekly Cute and/or Button 3/5
  7. Rudolph Day April 1E C10
  8. Stitchy Bear Stamps Facebook Group April AG UE
  9. 12 Months of Christmas Link-up Christmas with Optional Colour Challenge 1/3 (Top 3 and Random Winner)
  10. Winter Wonderland Sparkly and Bright (used gems and clear glitter) 1/3

Thank you for looking at my card!  Wishing you a joyful day!


35 comments:

Pamellia said...

Oh my gosh Kitty, this is adorable! I just love your little mouse and the beautiful snowflake border! Brilliant holiday card! hugs :)

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

So lovely Chrismas easel card, Kitty! The snowflakes in the inside are just gorgous!

aussie aNNie said...

Cute card Kitty, love the easel card. Yes, with the mixed media I am turning towards that of late as like to play with all sorts of mediums to see the results and I like what I see...hope you get a chance to do the same...xxx

Beth Brovold said...

Hi Kitty!! Love this sweet and beautiful card...you sure are ahead of the Christmas card game...lol!! Beautifully done Kitty! Have a fabulous day!
Take care,
beth

KraftyKoolKat said...

So pretty and cute Kitty. Love the fab layout.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Jennifer Scull said...

such a sweet card! and you are right about how fun easel cards are. I don't make them as often as I should either. love these great dies and the happy color combo!

Sarn said...

This festive card looks great K. xxx

jimlynn said...

So cute and fun for a holiday card. I love the easel! I think I've only made one in my life and struggled so hard. You make it look easy!
Lynn

Lisa said...

What a beautiful card, Kitty!! I love the sweet image!! The details you added are fabulous!! The easel design is gorgeous!! You did an awesome job my friend!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

scrappymo! said...

This is just the cutest card! Cute image and a beautiful design. The inside of your easel card has such lovely dies. Really like your colour combo used on this card!

Thanks for taking part in the April Rudolph Days Challenge. Good luck in the prize draw!

scrappymo! said...

This is just the cutest card! Cute image and a beautiful design. The inside of your easel card has such lovely dies. Really like your colour combo used on this card!

Thanks for taking part in the April Rudolph Days Challenge. Good luck in the prize draw!

Annette Allen said...

so totally cute.. love that sweet image..

Unknown said...

Hi Kitty, loving your easel card, you're right about not doing easel cards enough, i don't either but you've done a brilliant job. Especially like the colour combo, so fresh, love the dies & border & the lovely cute image. x

Unknown said...

Hi Kitty, loving your easel card, you're right about not doing easel cards enough, i don't either but you've done a brilliant job. Especially like the colour combo, so fresh, love the dies & border & the lovely cute image. x

Heather said...

Very cute!! Love all those fabulous dies you've used. I don't really make easel cards either, though I have made a couple and you're right, they aren't hard. Maybe it's time I tried another one. Thanks for the inspiration. Thanks for playing with CHNCC2.

Bad Kitty said...

Gorgeous card

Unknown said...

Wow the layout of your card is stunning. Clean and so professional looking!! xx

Donna Ellis said...

How cute your Christmas Mouse is, KT! I love the pretty color choices, and that fabulous snow flake die cut on the bottom is gorgeous! hugs, de

cotnob said...

A fabulous Christmas card Kitty, such a sweet image and brilliant design.
Pauline
x

MaryH said...

Beautifully, festive & oh so cute pair of Christmas cards and perfect for a super Rudy Day entry. That little mousie is just darling, and what great work on the easel. Also love that you've prettied up the inside so nicely too. I love it! TFS & Hugs

Princess Judy Palmer said...

This is a such an energetic and colorful Christmas card. I love it!

Donna said...

Gorgeous card Kitty! Easel cards are one of my favorites and yours turned out fabulous, what a fantastic scene!

Jacee said...

Lovely festive card.
hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

Dragon said...

Cute festive critter.

maria f. said...

This is certainly sweet and sure to spark a smile. I love how you've treated the inside!

Kathleen said...

Fabulous easel card and a super cute image, love those snowflakes too.

Kath x

KandA said...

Fabulous easel card Kitty. Such a sweet image and super sentiments xx

Taunya Butler said...

First of all - I am always so super stoked and excited about all the different challenges you play in!! You rock at that!! And next - your card has such delightful and fun details that make it a spectacular card on top of it being an easel card - which I have never done- by the way - just so fun and cool and that mouse is simply adorable!! Such a great job and I am just super impressed and WOWed!!!

Becca Cruger said...

What an adorable and happy Christmas card! That mouse just makes me want to pinch his adorable little cheeks. I really like the color scheme here. Definitely not traditional Christmas colors, but they look great together!

Monika Reeck said...

Too cuutee the Image Kitty and love all the embelishment there with happy color
and please no snow so fast
I hate cold
I love summer hehehe
adorable christmas card my dear friend
big hugs, Monika

Jenny L said...

Hi Kitty,
oh this creation is great.
Love your very fab designed Easel card.
Wonderfully coloured too.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Hazel said...

Thank you so much for sharing your delightful crafting for CCAYR April challenge and my Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge for April and my CHNC challenge extra for April - hope to see you again soon. x

Cindy Fortin said...

Hi Kitty!
Thank you for taking part in my giveaway!
Your cards are so pretty! I'm now following you too.

Edwina said...

So adorable! Love that happy mouse. I love easel cards and this one is gorgeous. I love that sentiment. ♥ Edwina Brown
DT for The 12 Months of Christmas Link Up!
Edwina's Creations – My personal Blog!

Kelly Schelske said...

Beautiful card!

Thank you for playing along with us at Di's Digis!