Friday, April 17, 2015

Happy Easter Kitty

Hello, everyone!  An Easter card all done and ready for next year!  I missed last month's challenge at Magenta so I definitely wanted to join this month for their Easter challenge.  I love playing at Magenta because it inspires me to use my Magenta stamps, which are some of the first stamps I bought when I started stamping - they bring back good memories!

I am having fun with my Distress Inks again, and today I made a double-layered stencilled background.  I used Magenta's Small Birch Forest stencil and Heidi Swapp's Doily Flower stencil, along with Milled Lavender, Dusty Concord, Tumbled Glass, and Broken China Distress Inks.  I was going for an ombre look. I stamped Magenta's Elderberry Branch in black along the bottom of the stencilled panel and added an Easter sentiment (Impression Obsession and Anita's).


I thought it would be fun to add Magenta's Cat in Spring Basket since it's an Easter card, and I coloured it with Prismacolor pencils.  The embossed panel is Couture Creations Washed Away, and I added three Impression Obsession die-cut butterflies, accented with gems.  My colour combo was inspired by Colette's Cosmic Colours challenge, and I've used 5 of the 6 colours (the green is on the leaves of the stamped image).


Here are the stamps, stencils, and Distress Inks I used:

Magenta products used

I would like to support these fun challenges: Artistic Inspirations AG with Twist of Spring UE; Blessings Ink Amusing Challenges Butterflies 2/2; Come and Get It Card for a Child 1/3; Cosmic Colours April UE (TOP 3)Craft Stamper Take a Technique: Colour 2/3; Craft Your Passion AG 2/3; Crafting from the Heart AG 3/3; Creative Card Crew Sentiment 2/3; Creative Corner For a Child 1/3; Cuttin' and Stampin' Cute Critters 2/3; Deep Ocean Things with Wings UE; Die Cut Diva's In the Garden UE; Digi Designs Include an Animal 3/3; DL.ART April Linky AG UE 1/day; Dragonfly Dreams/Laurelcraft Let's See Spring UE; Fussy and Fancy Springtime Flowers UE; Inspiration Destination AG UE; Inspiration Journal Everything Goes UE; Jo's Scrap Shack Florals and Butterflies 3/3; Just Inspirational April Easter 2/3; Magenta Easter 1E; Mema's AG using Die or Punch 3/3; Mod Squad Wheel in the Colour; My Craft Creations April AG UE; Natalie and Amy Frame It 2/3; Not Just Cards AG UE; One Crazy Stamper  AG 3/5; One Sweet Challenge Spring has Sprung UE: {PIN}spirational AG 3/5; Quick Creations Furry Animals UE; Quirky Crafts Many Flowers 3/3; Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Make Your own Background 3/5; Simon Says Stamp Work-It Wednesday Stamping 3/3; Sister Act (Cards Only) AG UE; Stamp and Create April AG 1/wk 2/4; Suzy Bee's Bloomin' Add Spring Flowers UE; The Crafter's Cafe Animal Antics 2/3; The Paper Girls Pastel Eggstravaganza 3/3; Unruly Paper Arts Animal Instinct 2/3; Wags n Whiskers Flowers 1/2; Whimsy Stamps Colour an Image 2/3;Word Art Wednesday AG w Uplifting Sentiment 4/5
Thank you for looking at my card!  Wishing you a joyful day!

Cosmic Strawberry

40 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow you are on the ball... An Easter card already, you have to be the most organised person I know :) The colours you used are beautiful, and I just hope you get to play in your art journal soon!! If I could give one tip - start in the middle, not at the beginning, it's not so scary then :) xx

jimlynn said...

Nothing like being ahead in the game for Easter next year! Cute and pretty, pretty card.
Lynn

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Wow! Another stunning background! Love this colour combo and the texture you have created! The kitten is a just cutie!!

Judy Woodland said...

Well, this is just fabulous. LOVE the stenciling and layering, the silhouette stamping and that sweet little kitty. Gorgeous colors too! Great take on the challenge, thanks so much for participating this week at the Mod Squad Challenge

Carole Dion said...

Very pretty, thanks to paly along with the Magenta challenge, good luck!

Cheri Burry said...

Your background is beautiful and the kitty adorable! Thanks for joining us over at One Crazy stamper in our current challenge "anything goes"!

New Creations said...

Great use of stenciling, love the choice of colors with beautiful silhouette stamping and cute kitty:)

brenda said...

Had to pop over and take a look at this beauty Kitty, fingers crossed I am getting back into the swing of things and soon get caught up on my blogging and everything else come to that.

Hope you have a good weekend.

B x

Sue said...

Gorgeous stencilling and colours,love the kitty
Enjoy your weekend.

cotnob said...

A fabulous card Kitty, such a cute image and lovely colours.
Pauline
x

Jo Ann said...

Great use of the monochromatic technique...Love yoru lay-out. I am grateful that you joined our Challenge this week at Word Art Wednesday. Sharing the blessings of God's Word in Hebrews 3:6 and it says, "But Christ is faithful as a son over God's house. And we are his house, if we hold on to our courage and the hope of which we boast." Have a great weekend. Hugs always!

JO ANN
http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

Bad Kitty said...

Wonderful card

Donna said...

What an awesome background and and cute kitten in the basket!

Helen said...

Beautiful - love your background.

Thanks for joining us at Crafting from the Heart,

Helen x

KraftyKoolKat said...

So pretty and cute Kitty. I adore the colours and that background is awesome.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Creations by Shirl said...

That Kitty makes me smile...Thanks for joining Creative Corner Challenge!

Lisa said...

This is so sweet!! That kitty is adorable!! It makes me smile!! I love the background and colors!! Fabulous card!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

KandA said...

That is one sweet little kitten and I love the background xx

Céline said...

ho so cute
thanks for playing with us at di's digi
hugs
céline

Heather said...

A gorgeous card Kitty, a fabulous background with super colours.......I love your beautiful stamping and adorable image!!

Thanks so much for joining us with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge,
hugs
Heather xx

Monika Reeck said...

Oh Kittyyyy
so many fariety of product on a card
I am not I only choose one stamp one or two inks and then one stencil and white paper finish hehe you know I am always in a hurry
ok your card is fantabulous
you did two times stencil and sponging
woooww I never do that must try it
and you have adorable stencil Kitty...
love this easter card
so creative and now I finished catch up before 23:45 yaaay
go to bed my dear friend
hugs...
Monika (feel a bit sleepy hehe)

Unknown said...

Cute card!Thanks for joining in the Craft Your Passion Challenge!

Tenia Nelson said...

So cute!!

Annette Allen said...

totally adorable card

marion said...

It all fits so purfectly well together, what a great idea and it is fun playing with the first things you bought isn't it ? Lots of hugs and love and cuddles and perhaps a treat for Kiwi, Honeydew and Snowy, Marion

Shilpa Nagaonkar said...

Wonderful card, beautiful layers and you have colored the images so well!! Thanks so much for joining us at Unruly PaperArts RAQ this month

AO Creations said...

So cute!!! Thank you for joining us at The Crafter's Cafe, good luck!!! Amy DT

Joyce Tompkins said...

Your card is the best! I love everything about it. And thanks for showing all the products you used. Thanks for playing along with Fun~day Friday at Jo's Scrap Shack.

Lynn (aka Lynnpenguin) said...

Soooo cute. Love the kitty. Thanks for joining us this week at Inspiration Destination for our Anything Goes Challenge. Good luck.

Lynn, ID DT

Princess Judy Palmer said...

What a pretty purple Easter card! I love that Magenta kitty. I used to have several of those stamps until I downsized. Now I think I only have one or two gems. I never saw this one before. Good job on the Easter card in advance! I have one done too, but only because I found an old one lying around. I did terrible on Easter cards this year--only two made and sent.

Kim said...

I love the stencil technique you used on the background. It almost looks like it was designed to go with the embossing you did also. What a pretty card. Thanks for participating in the challenge at Mema's Crafts.

Shari said...

Beautiful color choices on your wonderful card! Thanks for playing with us at One Crazy Stamper and good luck in the monthly challenge.

cotnob said...

Hi Kitty, I just popped back to say thank you for joining us at Di's Digi Designs.
Pauline
x

Taunya Butler said...

Your cards are just ROCKIN it!! There is dimension, texture and infusions of great colors!! Love the addition of butterflies to this and just kudos to you for such a great card!!

Judy McKay said...

Lovely design and colours. Thank you for joining us at Not Just Cards this week. Judy DT

Colette said...

Gorgeous card Kitty. I love the stamped flowers over the stencilled background. I can't believe you've made an Easter card for next year, mind you it won't be long before the magazines are commissioning me for Mother's Day and Easter next year and I'm usually making Christmas commissions in June! xx : )

Judith said...

I must have missed this first time round Kitty - so happy I saw it on our challenge at Wags'n Whiskas - it's just gorgeous! i love the colours and design and of course that cute Kitty. Thank you for playing along with us hugs Judith x

Jan said...

This is fab thanks for joining us at CCC xx Jan DT

Laurian said...

Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful project in our Spring challenge, I hope we see you again soon!

Hugz

Laurian
Dragonfly Dreams

Monika Skinner said...

Wow, this is so adorable. Love the kitty in a basket! Thanks so much for linking up again at STAMPlorations. X