Friday, April 10, 2015

It's Your Pig Day (FTHS image)

Hello, everyone!  Today's card has been inspired by several challenges.  First of all, I'm taking part in From the Heart Stamps - Stamp of the Month challenge.  It's a progressive challenge.  Since I made a card last month using the March digi, I received the April digi for free! You can join at any time.  The April digi is called Hamlet PigWit Being Shy - what a cute little piggy!  I coloured him with Prismacolor pencils, fussy-cut, and added a party hat sticker.  The hat fits nicely with the Hats challenge over at Quirky Crafts!


My friend Monika at Creative with Monika is celebrating her birthday by hosting a challenge to CASE one of her cards.  Today is her birthday - Happy Birthday, Monika! - so I thought it was the best day to join in the fun!   She provided several samples of her cards to CASE and I chose "Cute and Funny Card."  However, rather than a plain white background as in her sample, I went with a stenciled background as in her "No Design Paper Card."  I also wanted to make a it a manly card because this is Monika's specialty.  I hope you like how I CASE'd your cards, Monika!

I sponged Crushed Olive Distress Ink using Simon Says Stamp's Screened Leaves stencil.  The sentiment is from Clearly Besotted's Flight of Fancy clear stamps and I heat embossed it in white on a black snippet. You will notice I modified the sentiment by replacing the word Special with Pig using my Dymo label maker - I wanted to create a pun!  Monika uses a Dymo on many of her cards also. Keeping it masculine, there are no embellishments, and Hamlet is standing on a piece of musical washi tape.

I would also like to support these fun challenges:  Buckwell's Crafty Colour 1/3 (RANDOM WINNER)Bunny Zoe's Spring Colours UE; Craftin Desert Diva's AG UE; Creative Corner Challenges Cute Critters 1/3; Creative Fingers AG 1/3; Cuttin' and Stampin' Puns 1/3; DL.ART April Linky AG UE 1/day; Inspiration Destination AG UE; Loves Rubberstamps AG UE; My Craft Creations April AG UE; Not Just Cards AG UE; Penny's Paper-Crafty AG 1/3; Papertake Weekly AG 2/5; Pixie's Snippet Playground Black and white cardstock are snippets 2/3; Sister Act (Cards Only) AG UE; Word Art Wednesday AG w Uplifting Sentiment 1/5
Thank you for looking at my card!  Wishing you a joyful day!

Winners Badge


40 comments:

Monika Reeck said...

Kittyyyyy
you are so clever
you combine all
I see NO DESIGN PAPER here too
I see also the cute and funny card here by using that Pig image...
and ehem I have not much Washi tape but you are clever use it as the bottom of the Pig
and I love this MANLY sentiment you made
the green color are so bright and happy...yes you did a great MANLY-NO DESIGN PAPER- and CUTE and FUNNY- CASE-ing card
I love this..cute cute cute

Thanks for joining to celebrate my birthday..for Kitty´s Friends feel free to join my Linky Party..I give a Gift Certificate too...a bit advertisement...here is the link to the Linky Party for my Birthday..

http://creativewithmonika.blogspot.de/2015/04/my-birthday-linky-party-open-until-30.html

Thanks sweetyyyyyy :)
hugs,
Monika

Liz said...

Great card Kitty. I love the image. What a fun card! xx

cotnob said...

This is a fabulous card Kitty, such a cute image.
Pauline
x

Bad Kitty said...

very cute card
like your image

Annette Allen said...

oh my that is so funny.. what a cool image.. love it

Denice said...

What a cute image...the party hat is a hit! LOVE the stencil....it really makes a gorgeous background! Thanks for sharing with us at Loves Rubberstamps this week, hope you'll join us again soon.

New Creations said...

You did an outstanding job Kitty on casing Monika's cards!!!! The stenciled BG is so gorgeous with fun image and love that musical washi tape and fun sentiment!!!

jimlynn said...

I was just sitting here working on my Pigwit image too! CUTE card Kitty and love the little party hat on hm. Great background!
Lynn

stampingbowd said...

What a fun card!!! That pig is too cute! Love the stenciled bg! Great card!

Becca Cruger said...

Hehe - I grew up on a farm and we had pigs that were actually really fun. They were like dogs and followed us around and played with balls. Your card is so cute and whimsical! Love what you did with the stenciling and the label.

Di said...

Oh Kitty, this is such a fun card! LOVE the piggy and very clever to alter the sentiment as you did too.

Hugs

Di xx

brenda said...

What a real fun image Kitty, great card.

Hope you have a good weekend.

B x

Unknown said...

Haha that is one cute birthday piggy! Pigs used to be my favourite animal whilst growing up :)
Lovely card hun xx

marion said...

a the little piglet is so cute, sending you lots of hugs and love, xoxo, cuddles to Kiwi, Honeydew and Snowy, Marion

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Hahaha!!! What a fun card!!! I have never hear of a Pig Day.... It's cool!! Very pretty card, love the washi tape with the notes and the hat on this cute pig!! Beautiful design for your background! You are very very creative!!

Crafty Judith said...

Hi Kitty hun and hope you re doing ok xxx Fab card super cute pig love it crafy hugs Judith xxx

Dotty Jo said...

Super card, Kitty! Jo x

KraftyKoolKat said...

Such a fun filled creation Kitty.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Unknown said...

Great fun, cute card Kitty. Thanks for joining our challenge at Penny's Paper Crafty and hope to see you back with soon. Jennifer DT member

D- said...

I loVe how you dressed up Hamlet. He is ready to party now for sure. Thanks for sharing.
Crafty hugs,
Dawn
DesignsByDragonfly {blogspot}

Blankina said...

Fun card!!glad to see you at this weeks challenge at LOves Rubberstamps, please come back soon, Hugs Blankina

Lisa said...

Oh my gosh, it's so stinkin' cute (pig, stinkin' - get it ;) He makes me smile!! The colors and design are fabulous!! Love this!! Have a wonderful weekend my friend :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Linda said...

Hi!
What a cute card!!!
Thanks for joining our CCC challenge.
Linda DT CCC

Sue said...

Gorgeous card thanks for joining us at Buckwells Crafty Challenge hugs Sue DT xx

Unknown said...

Fun!!!Thank you so much for posting your very beautiful art with us this week at Word Art Wednesday. We hope to see you back next week.
Blessings, Carole

terrie said...

What a fun and happy card...your little pig is so stinkin' cute....
Good luck in your challenges.

Tenia Nelson said...

Super CUTE!!

Imke said...

Super cute and fun card, Kitty. The party hat looks fabulous and i like your layout.

Thanks for joining our FREE Stamp of the Month April Challenge @ From the Heart Stamps.

Jo said...

Hamlet looks so proud wearing his party hat, what a great idea! :)
Thank you for joining in with our SOTM challenge at FTHS
Jo xx

Indy's Designs said...

This is so dang cute! I love your pig image! You shaded him so well! Then using making a label to create the pun...clever! Love the green stenciled background...it makes the pink piglet really stand out! So glad you were inspired by Cuttin' and Stampin's Pun challenge!
Hugs,
Debbie, DT

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Oh this is so funny, so cute.

Princess Judy Palmer said...

That's a fabulous stenciling job you've done there..... it looks like patterned paper. I love that you put a party hat sticker on your pig--now he's extra festive.

Lady E said...

Oh that's so cute!!! I love the image!!!! And gorgeous colors :) Hugs xx Lady E
www.scrapartbyladye.blogspot.co.uk

Melanie said...

A fab card!
Thank you soo much for taking part in our "Anything Goes” challenge over at Penny’s & good luck in the draw.
Hope to see you again in our next challenge as well…

Hugs,
Melanie
(DT Penny's Paper Crafty Challenges)
(DT-Coordinator Creatalicious Challenges)
(DT Come and Get It)
(GDT Kreativzeit Challenges)

Helen said...

Great card - thanks for joining us at Penny's.

Helen x

Lozzy said...

What a fab fun card, great image and sentiment..Thank you for joining us at Buckwells Crafty Challenge and hope you would like to join us again soon. Good luck in draw..Hugs Lozzy x

Taunya Butler said...

What a super fun and extremely clever card!! The image is cute and the details and background you chose are super great for this card!! So sorry I have been missing - life has been crazy and then we have had the stomach flu roar through our household!! I will be catching up!!! Have a fabulous day!!

Taunya Butler said...

What a super fun and extremely clever card!! The image is cute and the details and background you chose are super great for this card!! So sorry I have been missing - life has been crazy and then we have had the stomach flu roar through our household!! I will be catching up!!! Have a fabulous day!!

Stephanie said...

So so cute, love how you added the birthday hat and standing on musical notes- so creative. Thanks for playing in our SOTM challenge at FTHS.

Helen said...

Me again!

Thanks for joining us at Buckwells Crafty Challenge too.

Helen x