Saturday, June 20, 2015

Smile... It's Your Birthday (Gerda Steiner image)

Hi, everyone!  Today I'm sharing a birthday card I made for the progressive challenge at Gerda Steiner Designs.  Since I played in Gerda's challenge last month, I received this month's image for free. Actually, we received two images this time - it's a 6-week challenge - and I chose the sweet Cheese Please Bunny.  I coloured the image with Prismacolor pencils and added a cute retro frame (American Girl Crafts).


I made a Distress Ink background to coordinate with the frame, using Cracked Pistachio and Picked Raspberry with the smooshing technique.  I die-cut the panel with Simon Says Stamp Stitched Rectangles, mounted it on black cardstock, and then mounted it flush with the top left corner.  I added a Dymo label maker sentiment and stamped the birthday sentiment from Newton's Nook - Newton's Birthday Bash. To finish it off I added a number of black sequins.

I am also joining Kathy Racoosin's 30-Day Colouring Challenge at The Daily Marker

challenge_graphic-June-650

I'll be back tomorrow with my candy winners, probably later in the evening. Good luck to everyone who entered!

I would also like to support these fun challenges:  Beccy's Place June AG UE (RANDOM WINNER)Bunny Zoe's Furry Friends UE;  CropStop Linky Party #5 (used Distress Inks) 2/3; DL.ART June Linky AG 1/day; Fan-Tastic Tuesday AG Use a Frame 2/4; Inspiration Destination AG UE; Kitty Bee Aloha Friday Birthday 1/2; Love to Scrap AG 3/3; Not Just Cards AG UE; Paperbabe Stamps AG UE; Penny's Paper-Crafty AG 1/3; Scrappy Moms Stamps Happy Birthday UE; Send a Smile 4 Kids Animal Cards 4 Kids 1/3; Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Favourite Technique or Product (Distress Ink smooshing) 2/5; Sister Act (Cards Only) AG UE; The Crafter's Cafe At the Movies (Looney Looney Looney Bugs Bunny Movie) 1/3 (RANDOM WINNER)The Paper Girls Happy Birthday 3/3; Word Art Wednesday AG w Uplifting Sentiment 2/5

Thank you for looking at my card!  Wishing you a joyful day!

WINNER'S BADGE

37 comments:

Lisa said...

This is so absolutely adorable, Kitty!! The image is so sweet!! I love how you framed it!! The background colors are fabulous!! Love this my friend!! Also - thanks for the tip about Benadryl for the poison...I never would have thought to take it but it's helped so much with the itching. It made me drowsy but so much better than that constant need to scratch!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Beccy said...

What a cute card Kitty, love it! The colours are so bright and fun and I love that you have created your own background. The image is really sweet too. Great job.
Cheers,
Beccy

Tenia Nelson said...

Super CUTE!!!

Georgiana said...

The colors all look so good together and that image is just too darling.

New Creations said...

Love your distressed BG with with a sweet image and framing beautifully, Adorable and cute creation!

jimlynn said...

Precious! I love the colors you used for the background and the smooching looks great. CUTE image too!!
Lynn

brenda said...

Love the colours Kitty and inky background, a really pretty card.

Have a lovely Sunday.

B x

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is so gorgeous Kitty. I adore those colours and the way you have created the background. Gorgeous frame and image.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Fikreta said...

wonderful !
very cute image
have a nice day

Donna said...

Adorable card, sweet image, like how you framed it rang fabulous background!

Annette Allen said...

heehee what a cutie.. i love this.. the frame is perfect..

Cindy Fortin said...

So cute! I love your background.

Pamellia said...

So sweet Kitty! I love your cute image and the fancy frame! Great idea to add black accents, really pops against the vibrant background! hugs :)

Billie A said...

Awe how cute is this image. I like the frame around her. Thanks for joining u at Inspiration Destination.

DIANA L. said...

This is super cute. I love how you did your background
Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes June Linky Party. Have a blessed day
DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Oh, Kitty, this bunny is really a cutie!! How sweet it is, and your coloring with the pencil is just wonderful! Love your background, so beautiful coloured and it remembers me a yummy icecream, pistachio and raspberry, mmmm....!! :D
The frame is just perfect with this background and matches perfectly also with the picture!!
The mounting on black cardstock, the little black of label and sequins are so nice, these things give a pretty touch to the card, so it has a beautiful determination. I must have to learn this! You are very talented, my friend!!

Jacee said...

How cute is that little bunny! adorable card Kitty,love the background!
hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

Patry Ro said...

So cute!!! I love your design and this Gerda Steiner´s image!!!

cotnob said...

Such a sweet card Kitty, and cute image and pretty colours.
Pauline
x

scrappymo! said...

So very cute...I like that cute image. Your frame looks great too!

Monika Reeck said...

the image is soo soo cuutee
and the coloring is adorable you made an adorable background with distress ink Kitty
I am missing you
hope you are okay...my blog is empty without your visit dear
Wish you and your lovely one is healthy and happy there
hugs, Monika

Maria V said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for playing along with us at Sister Act Maria DT

Blossom Cards said...

lovely card thanks for sharing with FTT Rachel dt

Creations by Shirl said...

Aw your card makes me smile too. Thanks for joining Kitty Bee Aloha Friday Challenge!

Heather said...

This is adorable!! And I LOVE that background you created; it looks fabulous, plus the colors are beautiful. Thanks for playing with LTSCB

Gale said...

Great card. Love your distressed ink background. Thanks for joining us in our challenge at The Crafter's Cafe and we look forward to seeing you again soon. Gale DT

marion said...

Pure cuteness, lots ofhugs and love to you and cuddles to your furbabys, Marion

weim house said...

super cute! Love your background! Great combinations and elements of intrest! Thanks for sharing! Happy Summer! :)

Donna Ellis said...

How darling, Kitty! I love what you have done with the background, and the layers of your colors. I'm sorry about not visiting as often as I'd like these days. Thanks for understanding. hugs, de

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card Kitty! The image is adorable and I love the background you've created.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
hugs
Mandy xx

Helen said...

Gorgeous card - thanks for joining us at Penny's.

Helen x

Michelle said...

Gorgeous card! LOVE your background :) Thanks for joining us at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge this week! Hope to see you again :)

Andrea W said...

Such a sweet card! The image is darling and I love the smooshing technique.

Crafty Judith said...

ah so cute Kitty and wouldn t you just love to be photographed by this awesome rabbit hugs Judith xxx

EsVee said...

That background is just awesome!!

Creations by Shirl said...

Your card makes me smile..Thanks for joining KItty Bee Aloha Friday Challenge!

Taunya Butler said...

Kitty - so many comments - so you even need mine?? Well, I just have to say that this is a darling card with such great coloring and just such cuteness on it!!