Sunday, July 26, 2015

It's Your Bird-day!

Hello, everybody! Although I am still on my blog break, I wanted to celebrate my friend Becca's Birthday over at The Damsel of Distressed.  Happy Birthday, Becca - I hope you had a good one! Becca is having a birthday link-up and has provided a mood board (see below).  I chose the cute bird and pun as my inspiration. The image is From the Heart Stamps' stamp of the month for July. I was planning to take a break from the progressive challenges this month, but I ended up receiving the image anyway.  I'm thinking my email request may have gone astray.  In this case, it worked out great because this cute Inner Tube Birdbrain is a perfect way to celebrate with Becca!


My crafty mojo is almost non-existent these days, so this card took much longer to make than it should have.  I hope I get my mojo back soon!  I coloured the image with Prismacolor pencils and created a scene around him.  The sky was made by sponging Tumbled Glass Distress Ink using a homemade cloud template. For the waves, I sponged Salty Ocean Distress Ink on a number of die-cut wave borders (Taylored Expressions).

For the sun, I inked the Lawn Fawn die-cut with Mustard Seed Distress Ink.  The cute little jellyfish and starfish were already coloured, cut, and covered in Glossy Accents - they were part of a prize I won from Little Scrap Pieces (thank you, Karen, I love them!).  I stamped a little fish (Neat and Tangled Meowwww), coloured it with Prisma pencils, fussy cut, and added Glossy Accents.  The seagulls are from Newton's Nook Flirty Flamingos.  As for the sentiments, I used two puns: "It's Your Bird-day" is from From the Heart Stamps Birthday Candle Birdbrain, and "Best Fishes" was a freebie from Crafty Paws.  

Here's Becca's inspirational mood board


I would also like to join the following challenges:  Aud Sentiments AG Plus Sentiment 2/5; Bunny Zoe's Summer Breeze UE; Craft Liners AG; Craft Your Passion AG 2/3; Crafting by Designs Summer Holidays 1/3; Crafting from the Heart AG 1/3; Crafts Galore Encore Use a Stamp or Digi 3/3; Crafty Gals Corner To Die For 2/2; Creative Fingers AG 2/3; Creative Ladybirds AG 2/3; Crop Stop Linky Party #6 AG 1/3 (Tim Holtz Distress Inks available at Crop Stop); Die Cut Diva's Summer or Patriotism UE; Digi Designs Hand-coloured Image 1/3; Digital Delights AG 1E; DL.ART July Linky UE 1/day; DL.ART Thankful Thursday Summer Time or Thank You 1/3; DRS Designs A Stitch in Time (stitched sun die) UE; Fresh Brewed Blog Let's Go Swimming 1/5; Fussy and Fancy Things with Wings UE; Incy Wincy Things with Wings 1/5; Inspiration Destination AG UE; Kitty Bee Aloha Friday Summer Fun 1/2; Ladybug Crafts Special Birthday 1/3; Lauralcraft Dragonfly Dreams Mid-Summer Delights UE; Lil Patch of Crafty Friends AG 2/3; Little Claire's Digi Holiday Theme (susmmer) 3/3; Little Scrap Pieces Show it Off Saturday 1E: Love to Scrap AG 1/3; Mod Squad The Wing's the Thing UE; My Whimsical Little World AG; Natalie and Amy's Summertime 1/3; Not Just Cards July UE; Papertake Weekly Build it Up 1/5; Pixie's Snippet Playground All die cuts from white snippets and inked 1/3; Scrap and Craft Celebrations 1/3; Scribbles Designs Birthday 1/3 (TOP 3)Simon Says Stamp Work It Wednesday Die Cuts 1/3; Sister Act (Cards Only) AG UE; Sparkles Monthly Sun, Sea, and Sand 1/3; Stamping Sensations Feature a Creature 2/3; The Corrosive To Die For 2/3 (DT PICK); The Outlawz Twisted Thursday Water Theme 1/2; V's Sweet Ideas Celebrate (birthday) 2/2; Word Art Wednesday AG w Uplifting Sentiment; Your Scrapbook Place AG 3/3

I am also linking up to Mynn's 5th Blogiversary Giveaway at On a Stampage - Congratulations, Mynn!

Giveaway ends July 31

Thank you for looking at my card!  I'll be back on July 29 with a special scheduled post and I'll be announcing my candy winners on July 30. Wishing you a joyful day!


Top Pick Badge


65 comments:

McCrafty's Cards said...

This is so gorgeous, I like the image and the colours, Thank you for joining in with us at Scrap & Craft Challenge, Good Luck
Kevin xx

Liz McGuire, said...

Brilliant, fun card, Liz x

Becca Cruger said...

I love it!!! That certainly is a cute image and I have to tell you that all the dies you used make this card SOOOO bright and fun. It's amazing!! Thanks for taking a brief break to link up a card for my Birthday Bash! You're such an awesome friend.

Fikreta said...

very nice card
love it
big hugs

Dr Sonia S V said...

Love the waves you added
Cheers
Dr Sonia
Cards Crafts Kids Projects

Jacee said...

Fabulous fun card, love it!
hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

Pia S said...

Nice waves, fab sky and what a cool relaxing chick!

Monika Reeck said...

ooiii too cuutee love that waves too and the sunshine I remember it..I got as goodies from you..thanks Kitty...cute little animal at the left side down and nice image that so relax there
hugs and happy sunday Kitty..
Monika

Donna Ellis said...

If Becca's birthday is half as fun and remotely as colorful as your card, she will enjoy one fantastic day! Hope things are looking up for you! xo

andree said...

A lovely card, thank you for joining us this time at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends, good luck and hope to see you soon. Andree DT

Lisa said...

Oh my gosh, it's so awesome!! I love that raft-floating birdie with his tropical drink!! The waves and clouds are fabulous!! What a fun card for Becca!! Love it my friend!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

PinkyLisasInkyCrafts said...

Thank you so much for joining in our first challenge 'Anything Goes' over on the My Whimsical Little World Challenge blog.

Fantastic fun card that has a wonderful look of depth with the waves and the layers. Great make.

I hope you will come back and join in with many more of our monthly challenge blog as there are always wonderful images up for grabs.

<3 & hugs
Lisa xxxx MWLW DT Member

Debbie said...

Awahhh, love the color combo. Cute Cute Cute! Awesome job. Thanks for joining in our To Die For Corroded Challenge. I wish you the best of luck!
DebbieM

Taunya Butler said...

Awesome coloring and an excellently designed card - love that you joined Becca's birthday bash!! She is so fun and you, my friend, are such a sweet, incredible lady - so glad to know you!!!

Sandy S said...

Another fun card! LOVE IT! so so sweet!

Thank you for joining us at Scribbles Designs #31 Birthday Bonanza Challenge... be sure to drop by the blog for the weekly Freebie Friday image and monthly free image on our challenge...

Sandy S
(Owner/Designer Scribbles Designs)

Michelle said...

What a wonderful card! Great scene you have created here :)

Thanks for joining us at From The Heart Stamps for our SOTM challenge!

Renee B. said...

What an adorable image this is & I love your sky & waves! Thanks for joining us at My Whimsical Little World Challenge Blog for our very first challenge. Hope you'll come back next month!
Hugs, Renee
MWLW DT

Just Me said...

An adorable card. Very cute image. I like the way you put the waves in front of the image. Glad you could join us at Your Scrapbook Place

Arlene said...

What a FUN card.

So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.

Georgiana said...

Sure looks relaxing! I need a big tube just like this one!

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Awe, I love this cutie! What a great summertime card. Thanks so much for sharing with us at YSBP challenge this month! Cheers, Holley

marion said...

A lovely summer feeling here, love your colouring and your fun card, lots of hugs and love to you and cuddles to Kiwi, Honeydew and Snowy, Marion

NGCARDS said...

This is a lovely creation! Thanks for playing at PTW! xxx

ike said...

WoW !!! That's fabulous :-) I love the clouds and the waves and you did awesome colouring :-D
Hugz
IKE xxxxxxxxxxxx

Crafty Judith said...

Hi Kitty and hope that u are keeping well x Dropping by from Dragonfly Dreams to thank you for joining this month;s Challenge fabulous card hun very good luck Judith DT xxxx

Di said...

Oh what a fun card Kitty :) Really made me smile here :)

Hugs

Di xx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Kitty, even since mojo you make fabulous cards!!! Pheraphs the only difference is in your pleasure in to do cards and in the speed to finish... This card is so fun, a very brilliant scene perfect for this very hot summer time. I LOVE SOOOO MUCH your sponged background and the stunning diecut waves that overlap!! They look really fantastic!!
And such a cool fat birdie with juice!! This card make me smile and relaxing, I'm sure that Becca will love this birthady card! Great work, my friend!!

Pamellia said...

Such a great card Kitty! A super fun scene, so full of bright and cheery colours...can't help but smile! Hope you are enjoying your break. hugs :)

KraftyKoolKat said...

So cute Kitty and full of fun. A very pretty fun filled creation.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Pat K said...

Happy summer card. Thanks for the smile and for playing along with us at Fussy and Fancy Friday Challenge. hugs, Pat k x

cotnob said...

A fabulous card Kitty, such a wonderful summer design and fun image.
Pauline
x

Annette Allen said...

now that is my kind of scene.. i love this

Sue said...

A gorgeous card Kitty,love it!
My mojo is still awal.
Hugs

Beth Brovold said...

Awe Kitty...it's so hard when our Mojo desserts us...you can't tell that yours is MIA by this card though!!! Beautifully done...I'm sure that your friend LOVED it!! Have a wonderful "blog break"!!
Take care,
Beth

Donna said...

Absolutely adorable, your image, the clouds, waves, those cute critters on the side! And refreshing on this hot day!

Judy Woodland said...

Well this card just made me smile. That goofy bird in the inner tube is THE BEST!! Love how you did the waves too, and the shells are the perfect final touch. Great take on the challenge, thanks so much for playing along this week at the Mod Squad Challenge

~ginny said...

Awww - so fun and colorful! As always - love your coloring and the fun added die or fussy cuts. Thank you once again for sharing your project and creativity with us at Aud Sentiments!
~ginny, Aud Sentiments DT: [#136 – ATG + Sentiment]
Owner: RubberMAD (GettyCollection.com)

Imke said...

FUN summer b-day card, Kitty. Adorable scene.

Thanks for joining our FREE Stamp of the Month July Challenge @ From the Heart Stamps !!!

coldwaters2 said...

Gorgeous, fun and so summery a lovely card thank you for joining our challenge at LIL PATCH OF CRAFTY FRIENDS good luck hope we see you again
hugs
lorraine x

Helen said...

Great card...so cute. Thank you for sharing with us at Sparkles Monthly Challenges.

Helen P (DT) xx

Mynn xx said...

This is totally gorgeous, Kitty! LOVE those fabulous clouds! Thank you so much for joining in my 5th Blogiversary at On A Stampage! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

Lisa Mensing said...

I blame lack of mojo on summer! I'm going through the same thing. I would have never guessed though by looking at your card, it's adorable. Thanks for sharing at Crafty Gals Corner To Die For challenge. LISA DT

* Shell B.* said...

Fab card for summer, great image & design!
Glad you could join us for the challenge at Your ScrapBook Place, hope to see you come back soon!
¸..• ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.•´ .•´¨¨))*((¸¸.•´ ..•´
Shell in Alaska ~ YSBP~DT ~
http://akstamping.blogspot.com

Lori said...

Love the prisma pencil coloring - gorgeous! And what a fun card. (I don't think your mojo has left at all!)

Creations by Shirl said...

Fun and a relaxing card.... Thanks for joining Kitty Bee Designs Aloha Friday Challenge!

Unknown said...

Now that just makes me smile!! Thanks for taking part in the CropStop Linky Party.

Lynne K said...

This is great! Love the fun, summery scene! Thanks for sharing it with us at Stamping Sensations.

Lynne

Aunty Sue said...

Such a lovely card and thank you for joining our ATG challenge atLTSCB
Aunty Sue DT

Lena said...

Love the super cute and fun scene you created.
Thank you for playing along with us at Crafty Gals Corner. I hope to see you again soon.
♥ Lena - DT
Lena’s Creations

New Creations said...

Your card is sooooooo adorable! The cloudy background is just fabulous. Love the waves and cute birdie, love all the beautiful animal dies!
Hugs!

Eret said...

How fun and adorable card. Love the summer sea scene you made. Thank you for sharing your wonderful card with us at Stamping Sensation. I hope you join with us again in our new challenge.
Eret x

Leanne said...

very very cute!! this makes me wish i was that bird! hahaha! great job!
Mahalo for joining our Aloha Friday Summer Fun challenge at Kitty Bee Designs.

Cazro said...

A wonderful fun card. Great creation. So pleased you joined us at Sparkles Monthly. Caz

Karen said...

wow your rocked this card so so cute!

Craftdee said...

Great card; like the image :-) great use of dies - I've got that wave die... going to "lift" this idea for sure ;-) Looks like I'm going to have to get that sun die too - it's perfect! Thanks for sharing your lovely card in Di's Digis "Hand Coloured Image" challenge. Hope to see you in our next challenge too, it's starting later today!! Donna ☺

Catnip and Kitty Whiskers said...

Love this card! Your coloring is perfect!!! I've been seeing your cards at the Outlawz, and they are all wonderful! I like how you made your own cloud template; very creative! Thanks for your sweet comments on my blog! Have a great weekend! :)

Granmargaret said...

Lovely card. Thank you for joining the challenge at Creative Fingers. Hope to see you again next time.

Stacey said...

LOL What a cute fun card! Thank you so much for entering our challenge at Creative Fingers Challenge Blog this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Keep Smilin',
Stacey xxx
Creative Fingers DT
Lasata's Crafty Hideout {My Blog}

Angela said...

Lovely card..
Thanks for playing along with us at Craftliners and good luck in the draw
xxAngela

Laurian said...

Beautiful!

Thanks for joining us at Dragonfly Dreams and I hope we see you again soon!

Hugz

Laurian
Owner Dragonfly Dreams

Arlene said...

This is really so darn cute!!!!

Sorry I didn't get to comment sooner, but we thank you for joining our July challenge.

Anonymous said...

stunning card thanks for adding to the Digital Delights Challenge Blog X Lisa DT x

Terry Quinn said...

Oh he is just darling! I love cartoon animals. Your color scheme is awesome too. Thanks for joining in on the Digital Delights Challenge!! Hugs, Terry

NickScrapShack said...

This is fin-tastic. Love the little added sea animals, waves, the sky and fun sentiments. A perfect birthday card!

Nick

NickScrapShack said...

I was ment to say: Thank you for playing along with our AG at Digital Delights Challenge!
Good luck and we would love to see you back soon again!
Nick