Thursday, December 17, 2015

Cup Kitty Warm Wishes

Hello, everybody! Welcome to Day 7 of the Holiday Coffee Lovers Blog Hop! Day 7? Oh, no, that means tomorrow is the last day!  I don't want to see it come to an end - I've been enjoying myself so much! Well, folks, if you haven't joined yet, you still have one more day!  Just link up your winter/holiday projects with images of coffee, tea, or cocoa. Hope to see you there!


Today I am sharing a kitty card! Yes, my favourite type of card!  This sweet image is from Sami Stamps and it's called Cup Kitty 1.



I paper-pieced the cup with patterned paper from K and Company and I also coloured with Prismacolor pencils. I die-cut the image with a Scalloped Stitched Rectangle from Waltzingmouse Stamps.

My card was inspired by the sketch at Tuesday Morning Sketches:



I die-cut another Scalloped Stitched Rectangle from the same patterned paper and arranged it according to the sketch.


The background is embossed with Taylored Expressions Winter Flurry and I added a red holographic snowflake instead of a square shown in the sketch.  I stamped the sentiment from Poppystamps You Melt My Heart in black to finish the card.

I would also like the join the following challenges:  Beccy's Place AG UE; Choux Choux Paper Art Christmas Winter UE; Christmas Cards All Year Long Keep it Simple UE; Craftin Desert Divas Christmas Linky UE; Crafty Gals Corner AG 1/2; Crafty Girls Creations AG 1/3; Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas AG Christmas UE; Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Extra December UE; Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper December UE; Deep Ocean AG UE; Die-Cuttin Divas AG Christmas 3/3Dies R Us Snowflakes 2/3; DL.ART December Linky UE 1/day; Dragonfly Dreams It's Christmas UE; Inspiration Destination AG UE; Just Keep on Creating December AG UE; Not Just Cards AG UE; One Stitch at a Time AG with the Colour Red UE; Penny's Paper-Crafty AG 1/3; Pile It On Christmas/Winter UE; Sami Stamps Red 2/2; Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Die Crazy 1/5; Scrapbook Blessings Club 3rd Annual Christmas Party UE; Show Us Your Pussies Cats Only Challenge Krimbo Kitties UE; STAMPlorations December Theme and Sketch Stamps and Holiday 5/6; Sweet Stamps Blog AG UE; The Ribbon Girl AG Cards UE; Tuesday Throwdown AG 3/3; Wednesday's Creative Inspirations Merry Christmas UE;  Whimsy Stamps Inspiration Winter w Option Add Snowflakes 1/3; Word Art Wednesday AG w Uplifting Sentiment 1/5

Thank you for looking at my card!  Wishing you a joyful day!

45 comments:

Lori Kobular said...

Oh how cute is that image! I love that the kitty is curled up in a cup! Kitties are always getting into such strange places for a little cat nap! Great card!

Lisa said...

How sweet that sleeping kitty is!! I have such a hard time with scale... is this a 5x7 card... I want to get a 5x7 snowflake embossing folder.... love this card too! Trying not to think about tomorrow being the end :( ... see you again soon!

Darlene said...

Awww such a cute creation! Thanks so much for playing in our ‘WINTER’ challenge at Dies R Us! Please come back again soon!

Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Barb said...

It's adorable. I love that curled up kitty and I always like paper piecing. Barbxx

Helen Gullett said...

Your card makes me smile!!! I want to swim in the coffee cup too! LOL! Fabulous card for sure :)

Patricia Alvarez said...

I absolutely love your card. I love how you made the image with the paper piecing and color it. Thanks for joining us at Inspiration Destination. Hope to see you again on the next challenge! Good luck!!! Patricia.

D.Ann C said...

Too cute! I couldn't believe when I went to post that we'd both chosen the same image to work on today -- like minds! >^.^<

Hetty said...

Hi Kitty,you used an absolute adorable image and I love your colors and the card is totally awesome!
Hugs, Hetty

Suzanne Reynolds said...

How elegant and adorable your card is...love the cat napping and the stitching/piercing just adds so much elegance to a card. Beautiful

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

My friend, this card is just PERFECT! The sketch you have choosen for your CAS is elegant and very simple, but you have given it a really fabulous effect with this fun image and the colour of the patterned paper! Your paper piecing looks great and the embossing background is just wonderful with the scalloped frames! Well done!

Donna said...

This is just precious with this image and the paper piecing!

Helen F. said...

Too darn sweet!

The Craft Princess said...

What a purrrrfectly adorable card!!! Thank you for joining us for Scrapbook Blessings Club Christmas Link Up Party :) Hugs...Janie

Pamela said...

So sweet. Thank you for joining us at Christmas Cards All Year Round.

Pam x

Tina Z. said...

this is so cute, your paper piecing is perfect! and I am totally impressed how you interpreted the sketch!

Teresa Godines #6857 said...

Cute!!! I just want to curl up with that kitty. Another fun image

jimlynn said...

Another precious card! I love the scalloped rectangle dies you used on here too. I didn't even know they carried them. Will have to check it out.
Lynn

Lisa said...

Absolutely adorable image!! I love the embossing and the design!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Kris B said...

Your card is wonderful! And you did a great job with the sketch! The snowflake in place of the top square panel is perfect! Cute image and the paper piecing looks great! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!

Beccy said...

I love your take on the sketch Kitty, your card is fabulous. I really like the monochromatic colour scheme you went with... the watermelon colour is gorgeous and I love the paper-pieced cup. Cute image too.
Cheers,
Beccy

Amy Cohen said...

Purr-fect!! Love the cute image and the paper-piecing works wonderfully here. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Gals Corner.
Amy-DT

Debbie said...

Aww!! I'm not a coffee lover, but this is an adorable image!! Sweet card!
Thanks for playing along this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!
Debbie (TMS DT)
Debbie's Dash of This and That

Sylvia said...

Good Kitty and Bad Kitty, you two ought to do a challenge or something! Love your card, love the kitty! Pretty colors! TFS and Happy Friday!

New Creations said...

Too cut kitty! Love the colors and pretty layering! I am out of town for few days, so not able to comment on every post!

ike said...

How lovely - that is super cute. I have those cup kitties but haven't got around to using them yet ... too busy just now .. sigh !! Thank you for playing along at SUYP Cats Challenge :-D

Hugz
IKE x

My Challenge Blog
My Shop
My Blog
FB Fan Page
Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

marion said...

ahhh this image made me smile, such a cute card, tfs, lots of hugs and love, cuddles to Kiwi, Honeydew and Snowy, Marion

~amy~ said...

How cute, love that kitty!

Lori m said...

Adorable kitty card, pretty pink colors,Thanks for playing along over at DL.ART!

Hugs, Lori m
littlemscraftedmind.blogspot.com
DL.ART DT Member

Barbara Godden said...

Super cute kitty great take on the sketch. I haven't managed one card for the hop, I've been way too buys the last few weeks. Great job on the card.

Notes by Nina said...

So very cute, Thank you for joining us for Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Unknown said...

Fabulous card, loving the image so cute, great colours and love the white background. Thanks for sharing with us in our challenge at Penny's Paper Crafty and we would love to see you again. Jennifer DT member x

Happy Dance said...

Beautifully embossed background. Love the kitty in the cup; so like cats...too cute, too funny! Beautiful papers and I love that glittery snowflake. Fun card! Bev

terrie said...

The image and card is adorable....You have been a busy card makers.
Can you send me some of your mojo my way please...
I've enjoyed looking at all of your challenges...good luck in all of them...hugs

Shelly said...

Another cute card!!

KraftyKoolKat said...

Such a pretty cute card Kitty, love that colour pink and the cute image.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

cotnob said...

A fabulous card Kitty, such an adorable image and lovely festive colours.
Pauline
x

Mandy LaCroix said...

OHHH I LOVE THIS! I may have to find that image! The cutest! Reminds me of my kitties! :)

Lori said...

Love the pink and the kitty in the cup! So glad you linked up at ChouxChoux Paper Art!

Lisa B said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this card!! You did a great job coloring this. So darn cute!
Thanks for playing along with our Christmas challenge over at Craftin' Desert Divas.
Have a great holiday season,
Lisa

Becca Yahrling said...

Sweet image and pretty papers & colors.

Melissa Craig said...

Oh cozy kitty! Cute! Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Olga Fink said...

Oh I so love this little kitty sleeping in the cup! such a fantastic card! one of my favourite!

Tinka's paper wonderlland said...

Great card, cute image and I love the coloures!!
♥Hugs Valentina♥

Kandy's Krafts said...

Gorgeous card. Love the colours and layout. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Girls Creations challenge.

Sari / Granne said...

Aww so cute! Loving the paper-pieced cup and lovely pink colours. Thank you for joining STAMPlorations December challenge, hope to see you back in January.