Friday, July 29, 2016

Underwater Scene 2

Hi, everyone!  Before I share my card, I would like to welcome my newest follower - Janet McLaughlin - thank you for joining me!

Today I made another underwater scene using adorable sea creatures from Your Next Stamp - Sea Creatures Set Two. I coloured them with Bic Mark-its and then die-cut with the coordinating dies.  Check out the cool background!  Colouring pages are all the rage now and I just won this one from Digistamps4Joy (thank you, Margy!). It's called Underwater Fantasy. This will be a lot of fun to colour but in the meantime it makes a great background! I resized it to fit my card and then die-cut with Gina Marie Designs Stitched Rectangles.


The sentiment is from Your Next Stamp - Woodland Cuties.  I heat-embossed it in white on a black scrap, die-cut it with Memory Box Pinpoint Rectangle Layers, and popped it up with foam tape.

I was inspired by the sketch at Your Next Stamp Challenge 44:


I adhered the cute sea creatures and then finished off the card with a number of sequins from my stash to mimic the sketch.

I would like to support these challenges (listed alphabetically): A Snowflake's Promise Summer 3/3; Broken Fairy AG with Embossing (I used heat-embossing for sentiment) 1/2; Come and Get It Kids' Cards 3/3; CRAFT Summer 2/5; Craftin Desert Divas Beach UE; Crafting from the Heart AG 3/3; Digistamps4Joy AG w Dies or Punches 1/3; DL.ART July Linky AG 1/day; DL.ART Thankful Thursday AG 2/3; Fashionable Stamping Under the Sea 2/3; Happy Little Stampers AG with Dies UE; Jo's Scrap Shack AG 1/3; Inspiration Destination AG UE; Robyn's Fetish At the Beach 2/3; Simon Says Stamp Wednesday AG 4/5; The Outlawz Twisted Thursday AG 2/2; Word Art Wednesday AG w Uplifting Sentiment 2/5; Your Next Stamp Challenge 44 Sketch 2/3

Thank you for looking at my card! Wishing you a joyful day!

31 comments:

Patti said...

This shaker card is adorable!! I love how your uncolored portion makes the colored elements POP!! Great job!

Patti

Lisa said...

This is so adorable!! I love the underwater scene!! The colorful images are fabulous and colored beautifully!! Love this my friend!! What a fun card!! Thanks so much for playing along at DL.ART!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Andrea W said...

Another wonderful underwater card! Leaving the background uncolored adds detail but lets the main sea creatures stand out, very clever. You do a fantastic job creating scene cards!!!

New Creations said...

You become perfectionist for creating underwater scene!!! Love the pop of color in few images with uncolored BG, so amazing! Fin-tastic Job done!

Angie said...

Thanks for joining our Fun-Day Friday Challenge @ Jo’s Scrap Shack.

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Such a great idea, Kitty, using the colouring page as background!! Love the contrst by the black and white base and the coloured details on top!!! Your underwater scene looks wonderful and so fun! Great colouring with your markers and the sequins are your watermark! :)
Hugs and love! Visit my friend's blogs help me to "blow off some steam"

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

https://it.pinterest.com/pin/534802524483955114/
pinned!

Petra Swart said...

Oh, I love that fun colouring page, Kitty and it works wonderfully in B&W to create a perfect bg for your fun little creatures!!! Love how you have coloured the little guys and the sequins in the lovely colours are so pretty!!! A card with such a happy feel!!!! Very cute!!!
Have a great day!!!
Hugz

Olga Fink said...

A fantastic idea Kitty and a gorgeous card!
Xoxo Olga

Fikreta said...

wonderful card dear friend!
love those cute creatures!
have a nice day
hugs

cotnob said...

A fun card Kitty, such a fabulous idea.
Pauline
x

Joyce Tompkins said...

Such an awesome card!! I love how you used the the coloring page digi. Thanks for joining Fun~day Friday at Jo's Scrap Shack.

Barbara Godden said...

What an awesome idea to use the colouring page for a background. Awesome card.

Wendy Ann Batchen said...

This is lovely Kitty, thanks for sharing with Inspiration Destination and good luck. Wendy DT x

Verna Angerhofer said...

A wonderful underwater design again and the coloring page background allows the colored images to really shine! I got a coloring book for my birthday and maybe I should use it on cards too. You are inspiring me now.

Donna said...

Fabulous card, the coloring page makes a cool background!

Donna said...

Fabulous card, the coloring page makes a cool background!

Annette Allen said...

oh my this is so cute.. love the background and the hint of color is perfect.. awesome card

Jean said...

This is a brilliant idea loving the contrast of the cute images against the background paper.
Thanks for joining us over at CRAFT for our Summer Challenge.
Jean DT XX

Pia S said...

You're now officially the queen of cats and underwater scenes! Love how this looks uncolored, and it makes the colors of the images pop!

Tinka's paper wonderlland said...

Wow, amazing coloures and colouring!!!
Love thise one, so diferent , and those sequins, love that they are diferent shapes.
♥Hugs Valentina♥

Mayras Designs said...

I LOVE this card so very much ! Wonderful design !! Thank you so much for having joined us at Craftin Desert Divas !
Hugs&Blessings,
Mayra DTM

Eekers said...

Stunning! I love it :) love the coordinating sequins and fish! They just pop on the background. Annabel x

Tina Campbell said...

Super cute card :) Thanks for playing along with us over at Jo's Scrap Shack-Funday Friday Challenges
Tina (DT)

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

So creative, to use the coloring page as background! Fun card! Thanks for playing along with us at HLS!

Kellie 0:) said...

I love how you have used the colouring page as a background. Super cute. TFS and joining us at Jo's this week for Funday Friday.

marion said...

wonderfull nautical card, can not say which of the three are my favo, they are all so very nice, lots of hugs and love to you and a treat for Kiwi, Honeydew and Snowie, xxx, Marion

Jo Nevill said...

Super card, love your sea scene
Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week.

Jo x

Hetty said...

What a great and beautiful made scenery card with all these cute underwater creatures. Love your colors.

Heather said...

Oh, how cute!!! Those little creatures are adorable. And I love how their colors pop against that fabulous black and white background! Thanks for playing with Jo's Scrap Shack. Sorry I'm so late in commenting . . .

Caro´s kreative Welt said...

Sweet and very beautiful. Thanks for sharing at FSC.
Greeting Carola